Monday, July 16, 2012

Mitchel's pitching machine team 2012

This was Mitchel's first year of being on a pitching machine team.  He got to play on his aunt Ruth and Angie's team with his cousins and friends.  They struggled a bit this year with it being their first year of doing pitching machine, but I think that they had a lot of fun.  He  keeps telling me that baseball is not his sport, that he would rather be doing wrestlling or football, but I am not letting him give it up.  He is actually not a bad player.  At the beginning of the year he was hitting the ball every time he got up to bad, then about half way through the season he struggled and was striking out quite a bit and so I think he got a little discouraged.  I think we will have him play a few more years before I let him give it up, I think that it is good to be part of a team at this age. 

1 comment:

Mickey said...

I only got to watch you play twice Mitch, but you made an awesome second baseman. You knew what to do, and had an eye on that ole ball. It was fun to watch you! You got a hit everytime you were up, when I was there. Maybe I just need to see more games! Darn ole work.