Monday, July 16, 2012

Savanna's softball 2012

This year Savanna played girls softball and had a great year!  Tonya Byington and I were her coaches.  I really underestimated how their team would do, but they turned out to have a great season, and in fact when we went into the end of year tournament we were seeded 2nd.  Savanna did especially well, she averaged 2 homerun almost every game and she fielded the ball so well.  It was really fun to watch her have so much success.  I feel bad because I didn't get any pictures taken because I was too busy coaching the team.  I found myself very obsessed with her softball team, I spent lots of time trying to figure out their line up and their positions.  I found myself being way to competitive about it and had to try to not get so involved and remember that it was about the girls having fun, and not winning.  During the tournament the girls did really well, but they were very stressed and took it very serious, I didn't realize it until I noticed several girls crying because they missed balls or struck out.  After that I really tried to make it more about having fun.  In the end we didn't win the tournament or really do that well, but I feel like we had a very successful and fun year! 

1 comment:

Mickey said...

I for one had a wonderful time watching them play. Wow, I loved it when I heard Savanna connect with that oll ball and send it flying!