Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

We had a busy but great 4th of July.  It was nice because Reid was able to come home the evening of the 3rd and go with us to a picnic over at his parents home.  The Hamilton's were in town so we got to spend some time with them.  Then on the morning of the 4th I got up bright and early and ran the Firecracker 5k.  I was pretty excited because I cut 5 minutes off my time from last year.  This year I ran it in 29 minutes (now I know that for most people that is slow, but for me it was a record.)  Then I met Reid and the kids at the parade.  The parade was really fun and relaxed this year.  We sat with my family and we were lucky enough to get a shady spot and I was actually a bit cold during the parade which was kind of nice after running 3.1 miles. 

After the parade we went over to my parents house and had a bbq.  It was just a nice relaxing time with my family.  Then I unfortunately had to send Reid back on the road.  After that the kids and I went over to the Shilo Inn (where Reid's parents had a room for the 4th of July) and we swam for a couple of hours with the Hamilton and Anglin cousins. Grandma Mickey and Danny were also there watching.  The kids had a great time playing in the pool and hot tub. 

Then I took my exhausted bunch home to get ready to go to the fireworks.  I didn't want to go at all, but was game for it.  On a whim I asked them if they really wanted to go back for the fireworks, or if they would rather rent a Redbox, to my suprise and delight they chose a Redbox.  So I spent my 4th of July night watching the Muppets with my kids.  Then around 9:30 Stevan and his kids invited us to come over and watch them light off their fireworks- they also stayed home.  It was the best, and honestly I didn't even miss going to see the big show. (I think I am turning into my Father, which is not a bad thing.)  All in all it was a great holiday, and I was glad to get to bed at a decent time since I had to go to work early Thursday morning.
All the Sargent cousins at the twins baby blessing- everyone in their patriotic outfits!
Treyton and Olivia at the parade
Reid, Mitch and Savanna
Carolina, Sara, Charlotte, Steve and Treyton

Our little family at the parage
Sara and Charlotte at the parade
Grandpa Fuhriman in the Parade
Ruth and I in our race gear
The kids all ready to get all the candy coming their way!

No comments: