Thursday, January 26, 2012

No more diapers

For the last 3 weeks we have been working on getting Carolina potty trained and I think she has got it. I am so excited because this is the first time in 9 1/2 years that we don't have a child in diapers.


We have been talking to her about it for several months and telling her that she needs to start going in the potty. Then we tried setting her on the toilet on several different occasions and she actually went a few times. Then on one of my days off we spent the whole day with her in underwear and had her sit on the potty for a big portion of the day until she had gone several times. (I also bought several $1 store prizes and each time she went she got to pick a prize).

Since then she has only had a few accidents and even wakes up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Although I still force her to wear a pull up to bed, against her will.

It is pretty exciting, and I feel pretty lucky that it went so easy. She is 2 1/2 which is I think exactly how old Savanna was when she got potty trained.

The only problem is that she is still pretty short so I have to help her get on and off the toilet, but it is a small price to pay to not have to change any more stinky diapers!

1 comment:

Mickey said...

not to mention Mitch is a big help with her! She is so cute about it. Really growing up.