Sunday, August 14, 2011

2011 Romrell Family Reunion

Aunt Val- she is amazing and put this whole thing together (every year!)


Grandpa Romrell-thanks Grandpa for paying for the whole event!



Val, Grandpa and Kelsie




Dale Hepworth and Julie Anderson visiting with Alex and her boyfriend



Tony and Olivia, he was a good sport and took care of the baby the whole time so that Leah could play in the pool with the kids.




Sara, Shane, Cami, Garth and Amy



Ruth taking care of baby Talmage






Naomi, Kate and Carolina loving the dog Hurley






Angie, Shane and Cami




Alex and her new boyfriend- I can't remember his name?



Carolina


My Mom, Taryn, my aunts, Jan, Eileen, Val and Grandma Romrell



Carolina is in love with baby Olivia, and Naomi is in love with Sara.



My cousin Laramie- one of the best Aunts ever. Her and Chloe hanging out.




Last weekend was the annual Roland & Joy Romrell family reunion. This is my Grandparents on my Mother's side of the family. For the last several years we have gone to Heisi each year since my grandparents aren't in great health and traveling isn't really in the cards for them. It is always so much fun to renew relationships with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It is fun to see as each of us cousins have grown up and now have our own families to see everyone's kids. I am so grateful to be part of such an amazing family and to feel the love from each of these wonderful family members. I have so many great memories of time spent with this family. I big part of my identity lies with being a part of the Romrell family. My best friends growing up were my cousins and aunts. It was just so much fun to sit around and visit with everyone. I only wish that everyone could be there, unfortunately with a family this size it is impossible.





This year was extra special because Val schedules pictures for all the family members and a big group shot. I was waiting to see if we got those pictures before I posted this blog, but I just decided I would wait and add them in later. My kids always have so much fun swimming, diving off the diving board, going down the slide and of course just playing with their cousins. It is one of the highlights of our summer!

2 comments:

Sara Sargent Williams said...

Sara is in love with Sara? Was it supposed to say Naomi or was this a freudian slip???

Nat said...

What a fun reunion! I would love it if a lot of my extended family lived close by. The last reunion we had was 5 years ago, and I didn't stay long because I was feeling crazy as I was ultra pregnant with Troy!