Sunday, June 26, 2011

Camping at Fall Creek

We went camping this last weekend in Fall Creek with the William's family, we had a great time. The only thing bad about it was the mosquitoes were out in full force, we all came home covered in bites. We went up there on Thursday evening and came home on Saturday evening. We all brought our motorbikes and let the kids ride around camp as much as they wanted, and we even went on a long ride with all the kids in the mountains. The country side was beautiful and we all got a little muddy. It gave us a small taste of what Reid and Josh do on their rides (very small taste).

We had good food, and lots of fun with great company. Josh and Natalie also have 4 kids that are very close in age to our kids. They all played together so nicely and I didn't notice any fighting between any of the kids. They have very well behaved nice children. It is always fun to spend time with great people.

I decided to try riding Savanna's motorbike, and am so glad that I did. I haven't tried to ride a motorcycle since I was a kid. The last time I did it was over at my cousin the Jackson's house and I crashed into their fence. I felt so bad about it, and was teased so much about it that I didn't dare try again until now. Natalie and I even went for a little ride by ourselves. I can really see the appeal of riding.

Josh and Reid also got to go on a few rides while we were camping too, so everyone got to do what they liked to do.
Carolina by the campfire
trying to get breakfast going


Reid spent a lot of his time working on the bikes
Carolina loved going on rides on the 4-wheeler
Josh and Kenna- both Kenna and Treyton have motorbikes with training wheels.
Savanna, Kenzi, and Maddie on a hike
Mitch on his bike
Treyton- you can see his training wheels too- he has no fear.
Carolina and Reid
All the kids lined up on their bikes
Josh and Natalie had some fun racing. Natalie crashed a few time.

This is me on Mitchel's bike


Natalie and I after our ride
Reid cooking
Savanna
Mitch

Treyton
The view from the mountain that Reid and the kids hiked

The William's camper
The kids found a checker board in our camper
Kenna and Carolina had fun playing for a while
Our camper
Josh and Kenzie on our ride
Natalie and Kenna and the kids on our ride
Our long ride
Natalie was so nice and trying to help Treyton learn to ride Mitchel's bike with no training wheels
Savanna on her bike- when her Mom wasn't trying to ride it.

Kenna
Nat and Treyton
Reid after their ride
Natalie was riding Josh's bike and trying to figure out how to do a pop-a-wheelie (she is much braver than me!)

2 comments:

Valeen said...

It is about time you posted again. You have been slacking! Looks like you had lots of fun. I had no idea there were training wheels for dirtbikes. It sounds like you are getting the biking bug. Yikes!

Roxanne said...

Sweet biking! That is pretty cool that you have bikes for everyone to use and it looks like tons of fun! Way to go getting on a bike too.