Saturday, May 14, 2011

M.A.D. 1/2 Marathon

Today I ran the 1/2 marathon in Idaho Falls. It was called the M.A.D. marathon standing for Make a Difference, it benefits the Olive Osmond hearing fund. They get hearing aids for children that need them. I trained for several months for this run, but it was a very difficult run for me. On the advertisements for the run it said that it was meant for beginning runners, well it had lots of rolling hills- which I did not train for. And 2 miles of it was on a very rocky, gravel road that was hard on my feet. They also made a bit of an error and were routing the 1/2 marathon runners with the marathon runners which caused them to have to run an extra 2 miles. Luckily Reid found out about the error right before I got there and he told me to go straight instead of turning. So most of the runners ran 15 miles rather than 13.1. I luckily only did 13.2.

I feel happy that it is over and now I can move on to the next thing! Oh and my Dad brought his new recumbent bike and rode the whole time with me. It was nice to have someone with me the whole time.









Crossing the finish line!


My Mom and kids with me after the race.







Moses and Kalee fromt he biggest loser did the 5 k. I stopped and visited with Moses, he was super friendly and we had a nice chat just like we were old friends. I was very impressed with him.


7 comments:

The Story of Life said...

Good job Rachel! That is awesome! That was so nice of your dad to ride along side you. What a great guy! It looks like you were out in the Osgood area. Is that right? If that was the case...YES, the have rolling hills.

Mickey said...

Oh, that brought tears to my eyes. You are so awesome, and hats off to your dad. He is amazing. I am so proud of you. You look wonderful. Congratulations for a job well done.

Josie said...

Very impressive Rachel. I die just trying to run a mile. RUnning and I are not friends. Congrats.

Natalie♥ said...

That is so awesome Rachel!! What a great accomplishment. And your Dad...what a wonderful Dad, you will never forget that memory with him.

Piano Gal Val said...

Rachel - Way to GO!! What an accomplishment especially in May!! Congrats! By the way - you look so good - love the haircut!

~V

Valeen said...

You should be so proud. I know I am proud of you. Very impressive!

Roxanne said...

Way to go!!! You are AWESOME to push yourself and reach your goals, even when they are hard ones!