Friday, April 1, 2011

Choosing the better part

This is my way of getting my feelings out, I promise I am not feeling sorry for myself anymore. I have had kind of a rough week, probably one of the worst one in a long time. Nothing major , I won't go into any details, but let me just say that I have experienced some un-kind words and deeds the last few days from people around me. I am trying to choose to forgive- forgetting takes a bit longer but I will work on that too. So today I have decided to try to think positively and choose to see the good things in life. I decided to make a list of the things that make me happy: *Family prayer each night with my sweet husband and kids. (I love to hear the things my kids pray for.) *Great health- I feel so lucky that I can run, play, & work and feel good. *A beautiful new home *The gospel of Jesus Christ and membership in his church. * A church calling that is a challenge to me, that is helping me grow spiritually *A hard working husband that loves me, despite my shortcomings *Savanna *Mitchel *Treyton *Carolina *Wonderful parents who love me and would do anything for me *Brothers and sisters that are my best friends *A job that I enjoy- even though it is challenging right now *My calling as a visiting teacher *The seasons- I love the change of seasons and I am glad that spring is finally coming! *Reading a good book- I love when I find a book that I love. See I already feel better and my list could go on and on.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thanks for sharing some of the good things in your life! It is refreshing sometimes to remember our blessings because I think Satan can be pretty convincing that life is all bad. I was very inspired by conference today and I hope you were able to enjoy it as well. Love you lots!

Robin said...

I think you are wonderful! I always read your blog even though I don't post many comments. You are such a great Mom and wife and daughter and sister. You are a great example too. I have had a bit of a rough week too. Thanks for reminding me to choose the better part.

Nikki Gillins said...

Rachel you are so awesome..............Such a great example to me!!