Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Feeling a bit nostalgic

Last week I came across one of my mission companions (Emily Tibbits) on facebook. I was so excited to get re-acquainted with her. We have been sending messages back and forth to each other remembering our experiences from our mission. It got me thinking back on my time as a missionary. I will never regret my decision to serve a mission. It has served as a foundation for my testimony throughout my life. I look back at the time that I spent as a missionary in South Carolina as some of the best time spent in my life.

After finding her I tried to find my old mission journal, I couldn't find it but I did find my journal from after my mission and from before I got married. During that time I had a lot of fun. I went on lots of fun trips, had lots of fun adventures, and had many good friends. It was a great time of life, but I found that instead of fully enjoying that time I was always worried in the back of my mind about getting married. I was worried that I would never get married and so I didn't feel like I truly enjoyed this time of life like I should have. If there is something I could go back and change is that. I would just enjoy and quit worrying.

Of course, I wouldn't want to go back to that time of life. I am glad that I am now married and raising a family. But I am so glad that I can look back on those experiences with happiness. I am happy that I married Reid and that he came along at the right time. I am happy that I have Savanna, Mitchel, Treyton and Carolina. I feel like right now I am doing the most important thing that I should be doing. That beats sky diving in Vegas- a least for now.


Me and Stevan sky-diving after sky-diving. We went with some friends and drove to Vegas to go sky-diving. It was a total blast!
On a P-day in Windsor Lake South Carolina with our whole Zone.

Sister Tibbits and I with an investigator and her children.

Sister Tibbits and I with an Elder- don't remember his name
Me and my roommates on a fun trip to Vegas
My sister Sara and I on our Carribean Cruise

3 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

Wow you did travel and have lots of fun! I love those pictures, those are memories you will never forget.

Roxanne said...

How fun--and...I LOVE your family pictures. They turned out really cute!

Mickey said...

I am glad that you married Reid too! We love you Rachel.Great pictures, and good memories too.