Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines 2011

I have never been a huge fan of Valentines Day, I feel like it is nothing more than a way for stores to make more money. But I decided that I want to make it fun for our family. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a dozen red roses from Reid at work along with a giant heart balloon.

I came home from work and tried to make a nice dinner and we had homemade chicken pot pie and salad. My Mom gave us all red and pink drinks and some treats. I got all the kids some slippers that I found on clearance after Christmas. They were all very excited. I gave Reid a gift card for Harbor Freight- his favorite new store.










3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love it!!! I think Valentines is great because it's all about telling others how much you love them. (plus my birthday is the next day!) I think it will be more fun, too, when the kids are older and we can make everything red. I suppose it's silly, but life is short...and those silly things are the memories that last! It looks like you all had tons of fun!

Natalie♥ said...

I love the red and pink drink idea that is fun :) And your table is all decorated so cute, looks like you made the day fun!! Your kids will remember it for sure!

Mickey said...

Rachel you are just plain awesome. What a fun day.