Monday, February 7, 2011

100 days of school poster




We did Mitchel's 100 days of school poster tonight. This week marks 100 days since first grade started and Mitch was asked to make a poster that counted up 100 things. We did 25 pieces of candy broken down into 5 different kinds, 25 pieces of cereal also counted out by 5's, and then 50 stickers counted by 10's. I sometimes think that things like this are a pain in the butt, but it was fun tonight to see Mitch get excited about it. The hard thing for me is letting him do it, even though his writing and lines aren't perfect, I have to remember it doesn't have to be perfect.
As you can see I did some of the writing, and he did some of it.

1 comment:

Nat said...

I remember doing that with Jake, and I was like, MAKE THE LINES STRAIGHT! Poor Jake-he gets the brunt of my perfectionism, and then I realize that it's okay to have it be messy or crazy or (heaven forbid) NOT perfect.

The cereal types is a really good idea. I'll have to try to remember that for next year with Brock.