Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl party

My Dad in his room enjoying whatever it was he was watching- I promise it wasn't the football game.
Carolina and Treyton

he loves to torture her.



My Treyton is a real poser. He has been so fun around our house the last couple of months. I really love this kid.

Grandma Call. She has recently moved in with my parents. And she sits in this spot on the couch pretty much all day long. Poor Grandma is ready to be done, she can hardly hear or see and is just plain wore out. She is an example to me of "enduring to the end."

Mitch really wanted the Steelers to win- I guess it wasn't in the cards for tonight.

Mom- She is always up for some kind of a party. She is the best!

Tony was the only one there besides Mitch who really cared about the outcome of the game.
As you can see the tv we were watching wasn't exactly a "big screen". It is silly because there is a nice big tv downstairs, but we all sit in the kitchen.
Leah and Savanna trying to pretend that they care about the game.

We had a little bit of a super bowl party tonight at my parents house. It wasn't too exciting, in fact we ended up not really even watching the game and playing some games of our own. But we at least attempted to celebrate. It was a nice change for the meal rather than just the normal roast beef and mashed potatoes that we have each week. (Although I will never complain about eating roast beef and potatoes- I am an Idaho girl and I love that meal!) Reid had to work today so it was just me and the kids, my parents, Grandma Call, and Leah and Tony.

It is nice to be able to go to my parents house after church and kind of relax. It is nice to have someone else there to give my kids attention and I feel like I get a little bit of a break from parenthood. Also I am now leading the primary music and after church I feel exhausted.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Looks like you had a great party even if there weren't a lot of football fans involved! We had a party at our house (just our family) which consisted of Scott and the boys watching the game while I cooked, served, and cleaned up way too much food. Primary chorister is one calling I never want so I feel for ya. I am sure you are doing great at it, but I can understand why it is so exhausting. You are awesome!