Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Health

I haven't updated my blog for a few weeks, I haven't really had much to say. I feel bad because it was Reid's birthday last week and I didn't take a single picture of his birthday parties or anything. I have been thinking that it is partially because I am finding that I get a little depressed during the month of January. It may because of the lack of sunshine, or the let down of the holidays or because of the cold but I feel a bit blue. I have noticed it the last couple of years and it seems to get a bit worse each year. I am going to try and snap out of it.

This last week I got the flu, or a bad cold or whatever it was. I am telling you it was no fun. I am over the worst of it I think, but still not feeling 100% better. I don't really feel like doing much of anything except lay around. I am trying today to get some housework done since I haven't done much the last several days.

I am normally a pretty healthy person the only real health issues I have had have been my allergies and asthma, which stay pretty controlled with the help of medicine. Other than that I have been quite lucky when it comes to my health. I decided that I really take that for granted. I feel very blessed that most of the time I feel good, I have energy and I can do what I want and need to do on a daily basis. This last week of being sick and not being able to do that has made me realize how blessed I am when it comes to my health. I look around at people that struggle daily with their health and I feel bad that I haven't had very much compassion for their trials. Sometimes I have had the tendency to not be understanding or empathetic of others in this area. I hope that I can do better.

My poor little Treyton and Carolina are still a bit under the weather. Today I found Treyton in his bed asleep all on his own accord. The poor kid still doesn't feel very good, and Carolina has just wanted to snuggle all day. I hope that they start feeling better soon too.


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Those January blues get me too. Hopefully the sun will start shining again soon and cheer us both up!

Nat said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! That's no fun! I definitely am one to take my health for granted until I get sick. If you need any help with anything while you're trying to get better you know where to find me!

Lori said...

No fun being sick. Glad you are over the worst. It is a blessing to be healthy!