Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mitchel's first wrestling match

tons of kids at the match
at the end of his Match

You can see him in the head lock- I didn't love watching it.
That's him in the red and black
While we were waiting for his turn, Carolina wanted to give him a hug.

We signed Mitch up for wrestling this year. We actually had him do it a little bit in the spring, but we got in to it late and he never did any of the matches. So on Thursday night he had his first match. It was kind of chaotic because there were so many people there and we didn't really know how it worked since we hadn't been to one before.

When he finally wrestled it was pretty intense. His first match he tried so hard, and it went a couple of rounds before he was finally pinned. When he got done he went right to Reid and started crying. I felt so bad for him. He told me later that he couldn't breathe. The kid he wrestled must have been doing it for a while because he was really good and at one point had Mitch in a head lock. It was crazy! The 2nd match Mitch pinned the other kid pretty quickly, so it ended on a good note for him. He came home with a medal and he was pretty excited.

2 comments:

Mickey said...

I love his uniform. I sure there is a different word for it than uniform. He looks so sure of himself. Awesome job mitch.

Nat said...

I had no idea there was wrestling offered for kids that little! I think I would be a nervous wreck watching that-wrestling can be really intense.