Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm not ready for this!

You can always tell that summer is coming to an end when my Zinnia's finally bloom, they take all summer to get there and I love them so much, but it is a little depressing when they finally bloom because I know that it means summer is almost over.

We had such a fun-filled summer that I cannot complain at all, but I wish we had just a few more weeks to enjoy it. I can fill fall in the air, it is a little cooler, it is getting darker earlier, we are eating corn on the cob, and school is starting tomorrow. I actually also really like fall and I will try to appreciate every season for what it is.

Here are a few pictures of my zinnia's, Carolina having her first corn on the cob which she loved, and our last horray trip to Ross park last week.


I love these flowers, its too bad they wait until August to bloom!

I cut the corn off the cob for her, but when she saw everyone else eating it on the cob, she wanted it that way too.



Mitch in the kiddie pool

Treyton and McKay, they loved it! It looks like McKay was crying, but he wasn't.

Mitchel showing me his stroke

Savanna and Cooper in the lazy river


Leah and Carolina- it was so nice to have Leah join us, she was such a helper with the kids

And of course Grandma cuddling Treyton to get him warm
Ruth soaking up some sun

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Those flowers are really pretty! I was just thinking today how it was starting to feel a bit cooler. It has been a fun summer and when I think about winter I miss Arizona! But for now, there is still sunshine and lots to do. Swimming pics looked like a lot of fun bytheway. Glad you made it out again this summer.

Lori said...

You're right, it is getting cooler! Your flowers and yard always look so nice. I don't know how you find the time for everything! I'm going to put corn-on-the-cob on my shopping list! Too bad I don't have a garden to harvest it from!

Mickey said...

The flowers are beautiful. Your yard always looks so nice. I know it is a lot of work, but really does stand out.

I love Carolina and the corn! She is so cute, and always so happy. Yep, a happy, lovable little Angel for sure!