Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First day of school!

Yesterday was the first day of school for Savanna and Mitch. They were both really excited and woke up early without any fuss. They both told me that they had a hard time sleeping the night before because they were so excited. I am happy that they are both enjoying it so far.

Savanna is in the 2nd grade this year and her teacher is Mrs. O'Rullian. She came home yesterday and said "I love Mrs. O'Rullian." Savanna loves school and I hope that she has a great year. The only concern I have is that she has kind of had a rough time finding good friends to hang out with, so I really hope this year is better as far as that goes. Reid gave her a blessing before school and in it he said that she would be kind to those around her and find good friendships this year. That is exactly what her mother needed to hear.

Mitchel is in the 1st grade and his teacher is Mrs. McLaren. This is her 1st year at Discovery, but she has been teaching for a bunch of years at another school. She seems really nice, and soft spoken. Mitch said his first day was a lot of fun. I worry a little bit about him academically, not that he isn't smart, he just doesn't think it is all that important. In his blessing Reid said that by the end of the year he would learn to love to read. This also helped his Mother I'm sure more than him.

Getting on the school bus this morning- I drove them yesterday. I think they were a little embarrassed that their Mom was out at the bus stop taking their picture. (oh well!)


Savanna's classroom
Mitchel's classroom- he was so excited to get a desk this year.
The kids in front of the school. It was raining so we had to do it under the shelter.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I can never diecide if I am happy or sad when school starts. A little of both, I guess. your kids look pretty happy about it-hope that lasts, right?

Mickey said...

I Love your back pack Mitch. Riding the bus looks like fun. Wow, a whole day at school, lunch and everything! Savanna, how fun for you to see Mitch at recess too. I didn't have a brother or sister at school with me, you two are so lucky!