Monday, August 2, 2010

I did it again this year!

I got up finally!


My brother-in-law Kent was giving me a bad time about posting on my blog so quick after I do things, but I don't care what he thinks. I enjoy blogging and I like to post right away while things are fresh in my mind. Plus I want Sara to have something to look at while at work---j/k.

I can't believe that it is already August and that tonight was the first time we have been out on
the boat. I think my Mom & Dad were starting to think that maybey they should sell the boat since it wasn't really getting used, but I am so glad that that didn't because we had so much fun tonight.

Stevan & Angie, Ruth & Kent, my Mom, Leah and me and all our kids went up to Blacktail for the evening. We had dinner and did a little tubing, and me, Ruth and Savanna waterskied. I didn't think that I was going to be able to get it, it took 5 tries before I got on my feet and then I was only up for a minute or 2 and I biffed it on some waves, but at least I did it. Last year I didn't even attempt waterskiing since I was pretty fresh from having a c-section and I didn't want to risk tearing my incision.

I told Ruth to take my picture just in case this is the last time I waterski. Steve asked me why would this be your last time? I just told him because I am getting old. He said are you just going to quit living? He really made me stop and think and I realized I am not that old and I should be able to waterski for many more years as long as I try to keep my body in some kind of shape. I want to continue to do lots of fun things!

Ruth got up on her first try after me, and then Savanna skiied on some kid ski's that Sara got last year. She was so proud of herself. We also did a little bit of tubing. Also Steve took some of the kids and Kent, Angie, Ruth and my Mom over to a dock and they all jumped into the water. I guess that Treyton and Kate even jumped in and they were so excited. What a fun night!

Me getting ready to try to get up


Ruth skiing




Ruth



Savanna


Ruth helping Savanna get ready to ski- what a good aunt!



Treyton- he was so excited he came running and told me that he jumped off the dock into Stevan's arms! - what a good uncle!



Carolina and Naomi hung out back on shore.

2 comments:

Valeen said...

Rachel, I am so impressed you waterskied. Steve is right, we have to keep doing it to stay young. And there is no shame in blogging quickly. I reading your updates and you are right about writing it down while it is fresh. Keep up the good work.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

The only thing I have ever been able to do behind a boat (other than tubing) is kneeboarding. I have tried lots of things, but haven't been able to ever get up.
How fun! I love that Savanna even waterskiied. I just told Jay last week we need to find some little kid waterski for our kids. I bet she loved every minute of it.