Sunday, June 6, 2010

Carolina turns 1 years old

I made this little cake for her to have to herself- she kept clapping all night everytime we talked to her or sung to her. She was so stinkin cute for her party!
She loved her cake! I feel bad I didn't take a picture of the big cake I made for her. It was also pink and blue and had baby blocks and baby pins on it and it said "Happy 1st Birthday Carolina"



Her candle, she didn't quite get the concept of blowing out the candle, so her brothers helped her.

She loves her little phone from the Anglins

All the kids gathered around to watch her open gifts

Her Noah's Ark from Grandma Mickey- see her clap!

She got a baby doll from Mom and Dad

The birthday girl on Grandma Sargent's lap- can you tell my Mom doesn't want to be in the picture?
Carolina turned 1 on June 3rd. We celebrated her birthday tonight after getting home from Boise. We thought that Sunday nights worked better for schedules, but it turned out to be kind of a bad night for a birthday party. Reid was very distracted trying to get out the door to go down to Southern Utah to pick up his Dad who is stranded down there with Roxanne and Shon's jeep and trailer. Plus we had just got into town so I felt very tired and just had a hard time being in a celebrating mood. But Carolina had fun and that is the most important thing.
I just love this little girl. I get kind of emotional even as I type this. I knew before I was even pregnant with her that we had another little spirit that was supposed to join our family. It would have been very easy to stop with 3 kids, but I knew that we were supposed to have 1 more. She has been a blessing from day one. She loves to cuddle, she gives the best hugs and kisses. She blows kisses which is the cutest thing ever. She says Mom and Dad and bye. She still only has 1 tooth on the bottom. She only likes to feed herself, unless it is potatoes and gravy or ice cream and then she will let you feed it to her. She loves to get down and play and get into all kinds of stuff. I have to watch her like a hawk. She is walking, but not very well, she still crawls more than walks. Her brothers and sister love her so much, and fight over who gets to hold her and play with her. I have a feeling this child might be a bit spoiled since she will always be our baby!

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Happy Birthday Carolina! I can't believe she is one already. It looks like your whole weekend was a big adventure.

Lori said...

She is so cute Rachel! Thanks for having a party and letting us all invade your house! I know it didn't go exactly how you would have liked, but at least the kids don't seem to notice those things. And you got some cute photos!

Roxanne said...

Happy birthday Carolina! Rachel, you sure have a cute little girl! I can't believe how fast they grow. I hope things settle down a little now. Thanks for giving up Reid for an Arizona adventure. You're awesome.