Sunday, June 13, 2010

The accident





There are moments as a Mother that I have felt like a failure and this is one of those. On friday night after the boys went off to the Fathers and Son's outing Savanna, Carolina and I were going to go do some shopping and then out to dinner for a girls night out. I was in my bathroom touching up my make-up and fixing my hair. Savanna and Carolina were in the other room playing. Before I realized it they were in my bathroom and Carolina pulled my curling iron down on her arm. It took me a couple of seconds to realize what was going on and the iron sat on her arm for a couple of seconds. It burned her in two spots really bad. I immediately got it under some cold water and put some cold rags on it. We ended up giving her some ibuprofin and taking her over to my Mom's so she could watch her because I thought she would go to sleep, which she did. On Saturday it had scabbed over and looked pretty ugly and today it still looks really ugly. We have been putting lots of antibiotic ointment on it and today decided to put a bandage on it to keep it protected. She doesn't like the bandage, so we will see how long that lasts.

I felt so bad, I usually keep my curling iron cord up, so that doesn't happend, but this time I didn't. Poor thing!

4 comments:

Josie said...

Don't feel too bad! Those things happen to all of us. Just this week I forgot to buckle Levi into his carseat.

stevie kay said...

Landon did the same thing at about the same age, only his was so bad we had to go to the doctor. He still has a nasty scar taking up most of the back of his right hand! I think we've all done it and felt like the worst parents ever. I hope Carolina gets feeling better soon.

Nancy J said...

We have all had things happen like that to our kids. We can't protect them from everything and luckily there is usually no lasting harm done. You are a wonderful mom!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

We all have things like that happen...so I like to think that we are all still good moms! I hope she gets feeling better.