Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baseball

Savanna playing pitcher
trying to round up the troops

Mitch hitting the ball

Mitchel running

Savanna getting ready to hit


waiting for the ball to come to her

Mitchel's team

Savanna's team


I have to say that I am very relieved that today was the last day of t-ball and pitching machine. I really enjoy it, but I am always glad when it is done. The kids had great teams this year and had a lot of fun, which is what is important. I learned a lot being a coach this year for Mitchel's team. Coaching was a little harder than I thought it would be, but I did enjoy it. My favorite part of coaching the team was that I actually paid attention to the game, and I loved it when Hayden Jackson called me coach, and asked me if we were winning the game, I also loved that he always cared where he played and he was really interested in the game unlike most of the other kids on the team. Savanna learned a lot playing pitching machine for the first time. Their team improved so much over the year, I think next year will be a better year for them.

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

It was fun watching them play too! I'm glad I could make it to some of the games. Way to go on the coaching. I think that would be a lot of work and it is neat that you did it.

Robin said...

I got all caught up on your blog tonight. summer is so busy that I barely sit down anymore. I enjoy reading about your sweet family. I also enjoyed coaching t-ball this year, but may try enjoying it from the sideline next year. I loved your picture of you in your convertible--so fun to walk down memory lane! It makes you grateful for the fun you've had and where you are now too.

Nancy J said...

We appreciate you coaching! You did a great job and my kids had a great time. Thanks for giving your time and patience.

Lori said...

I didn't even know you coached Mitchel's team! Way to go! You are ambitious! It was fun coming to watch Savanna. The kids are so lucky to have such good activities and great parents who support them!

Mickey said...

YOUR WERE AN AWESOME COACH! I was so glad I got to watch a game of each. The kids have learned so much since the last time I saw them play. You are pretty neat Rachel, to be part of their fun. They are lucky kids.