Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July Firecracker Run

After the run- Sara, me and Ruth
Before the run, in front me, Cami (my cousin who just had a baby 2 months ago-not fair how skinny she is, Ruth, Sara, Shane, back row my Uncle Garth , his wife Amy- (who won 2 place in her age division), Kelsey & Derek (Amy's kids).
I feel bad because Steve and Angie also ran this today, but they weren't there when I took the pictures-sorry!

Today I ran the Firecracker 5K with some of my family. It was fun to do this with my family, but I had a harder time than I thought I would. I didn't think it would be a big deal because last Saturday I ran 5 miles and this week several times I ran 3 miles. But today I felt like I had lead feet and my asthma was kind of acting up. But I finished it and only had to walk for a few 100 feet of it. I just went really slow. It took me 39 minutes. Oh well, it was still fun and I felt like it was a good accomplishment. It was also fun to see a lot of people that I knew running it as well.

2 comments:

Mickey said...

WOW I didn't know your family ran. That is pretty cool. I think you were pretty brave! But I am proud of you. You do so many things Rachel. I love you for it. You are a great example to your kids, and to all of us.

Roxanne said...

Way to go Rach! I think you are amazing. It has been forever since I've gotten enough guts to run a race, that's hard work!! Good job to all of you guys.