Sunday, May 30, 2010

Savanna 1st grade

I feel bad that I didn't get a picture of just Savanna and Mrs. Goodwin- so this will have to do.
Savanna's 1st day of 1st grade

Savanna is officially done with 1st grade- I just wanted to mention what a great year she had. Her teacher was Mrs. Goodwin, and we loved her. She was a great teacher that pushed Savanna this year. Her reading skills improved by leaps and bounds, infact she had the highest A.R. (advanced reading) points in her class. During the last week of school she got to have lunch with Mr. Marlowe (the principle) for her AR points. She was a little dissapointed that she didn't reach her goal of being principle of the day- she was so close, but didn't quite get there. I told her that it didn't matter because we knew that she tried her very best and that is all that mattered.

Savanna is very self-motivated, I rarely had to remind her to get her homework and reading done. She usually walked in the door from school and sat right down and pulled out her homework. I just hope her motivation continues throughout all of her schooling! We love you Savanna!

1 comment:

Nat said...

She's just so cute. I've never gotten a picture of my kids with their teachers, except for preschool. Aren't you so glad to have school over with for this year?