Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mitchel's kindergarten graduation

Mitch's first day of school sitting next to his friends Tyler and Gabe.
Tonight at kindergarten graduation- my little graduate

Mitch singing



Doing the march

Mrs. Davenport and Mitch

Tonight was kindergarten graduation for the class of 2022 (weird huh) at Discovery Elementary. It was so cute to watch them walk in and sing their songs and get their certificates. They had a really nice slide show, that of course made me cry. Mitchel had a great year in kindergarten. His teacher was Mrs. Davenport who I think is a wonderful teacher. Mitchel went from the beginning of the year barely being able to write part of his name to now being able to read. I honestly thought he would have to repeat Kindergarten at the beginning of the year, but he made such huge strides this year and I am very proud of him.


Today my Mom picked him up off the bus while I was at work, and she asked him if he was sad that school was almost out for the year. He said, "No, I hate school." My Mom said "no you don't, tell me who your friends are" he said "Gabe, he hates school too." Which I thought was funny because they are friends and both have done well in kindergarten. I told his Mom he said that and she laughed and said, "it's true, he does hate school." Maybey need an extra push to keep them going. Hopefully he will always have good friends.

3 comments:

The Staker Family said...

You are too fast, I am too behind to blog about kindergarten graduation anyway, Mitchel is a cute little boy, it really is amazing how much they learn in one year isn't it! Go Class of 2022! (I thought that was weird to think about also, although more than anything I thought about how close that really is and how soon it will come!)

Holli Fuhriman said...

He's really grown up in the past year! The difference in how he looks in that first picture to the present is incredible! I think boys disliking school is just what they do. All the boys when I was growing up just wanted to play soccer and football. So I wouldn't be worried about that! He's such a handsome smart boy! Good job!

Roxanne said...

Way to go Mitch! That's a big step getting through Kindergarten...you are sure growing up. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you lots!