Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No complaints

I have found myself complaining a lot lately. I don't want to be that kind of a person. I want to think positively and think kind things about others and about circumstances. I don't want to be known as the kind of person that is always complaining. I decided that the only way to combat this is to think of all the things that I am grateful for, so I here I go: Not in any particular order.

I am thankful for my good health. Sometimes I get frustrated at my body and that it doesn't look the way I want it to and because I struggle a bit with asthma and allergies, but that is nothing compared to what a lot of people struggle with. I am grateful that I can get up in the morning and exercize and accomplish the things that I need to daily, I don't take for granted that not everyone has that luxury.

I am grateful for my extended family. I feel so lucky to live close by our family, I don't know what I would do without them. My parents and siblings help me so much with my kids and just to have someone to talk to. I love and appreciate my in-laws and sisters and brothers-in laws for all that they do fo us and for putting up with me.


I am grateful for my home. Even though I get frustrated because there is always so much to do to keep up with it, I feel so lucky to have a nice new home. I know that not everyone has a home and I am so happy that we do. (and to think in only a few short years-like 20 we will own it!) not complaining!


I am thankful for my children. I am so thankful that all of them are healthy and thriving. I feel so lucky that I get to be the mother of 4 beautiful children. Although I don't always get to do the things that I want to do for myself, I wouldn't change it for the world. There is no place I would rather be at this time in my life than their mother.

I am grateful for a good husband. Reid and I are good for each other. I know that he loves me and that is a good feeling. He works very hard for our family, I am so lucky that I am not married to someone that is lazy. Sometimes I get frustrated that he is gone so much working, but I appreciate his willingness to do what it takes to provide for us so that I don't have to work full-time.


I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My testimony of the Gospel means the world to me. Sometimes it is overwhelming to think of all the things that need to be done as a member of the church, but the blessings that come from it far outway any of the responsibilities.


I am thankful for my good job. When I started having kids I planned on not working outside the home, but I just could not stand the thought of not having some kind of a job. I feel so blessed that I have a job that is so flexible with my kids, and that I love doing. I love the ladies that I work with, my boss and the kids that are at the daycare. I feel like this job was definately heaven sent. It not only has been great for me, but also for my family, I have a sister that works there and siblings that take their kids there part-time. This probably would not have happened if I didn't have a job there. It has been a great thing for all of us.

There are many more wonderful things that I am grateful for like, food to eat, great friends, cars to drive, warm bed, flowers, the change of seasons, the atonement, the list goes on and on. I just needed to write about some of them so that I can start having more of a positive attitude.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Thanks for writing this, Rachel. I have been really frustrated with becoming a mother of two. It's what I needed to read!

The Staker Family said...

I think you are an amazing person, I think I say that a lot but oh well, way to have a positive outlook on life!

Lori said...

Great post. It is always good to count our blessings! I think your awesome and a great example to me of being positive. I admire how you are always evaluating your life trying to do better.