Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ready for some changes

I am really looking forward to the next couple of weeks, piano recital, tumbling recital, kindergarten graduation, and the last day of school. But mostly I am really ready for the summer to begin. I am ready to be done with getting up early every day, not being so strict with bedtime, and I have to admit homework. (Although I am going to have a summer reading schedule for my kids so that we don't do any back-tracking.) Sometimes you just need something to look forward too, and these are it for me:

1-Summer baseball, Mitch will be doing T-ball (which I am helping coach-scary), and Savanna will be doing pitching machine. I always enjoy t-ball, it gets me out socializing with all our neighbors and the kids love it! I can't believe that this is our 4th year of t-ball.

2- Summer camping trips and family reunions. These are our forms of family vacations. Even if they are just short overnighters it is just nice to get away for a day or two. I am really not much of a camper, and I sometimes think it is too much work, but the kids love it and I know that it is worth the effort for the memories that we make.

3- Flowers in my flower beds. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I really enjoy planting flowers in my front flower bed and pots and watching them take off. Reid does most of the yard work at our house, but the one thing I do is the flower beds. I love the satisfaction I get from seeing them grow.

4- Kids spending their days outside playing. It is so nice to have my kids outside playing and wearing themselves out! I love to see them riding their bikes, jumping on the tramp, running through the sprinklers, and playing with the neighbor kids. Some of the best memories I have of my childhood is doing exactly that.

5-Waterskiing. I love waterskiing. Last year I had just had Carolina and I didn't dare do it having just had a c-section. So I really hope that I have the chance to get out on the water and do some skiing.

There are a few other changes I am hoping for. I really want to get my basement finished, at very least my kids rooms. I feel very blessed to live in the nice home that we have, but one thing I don't love about it is the kids rooms are super small. I really struggle with keeping their rooms cleaned up and organized because there isn't enough space. There just doesn't seem to be enough room in their closets for all their clothes and stuff. If we could get 2 rooms done in the basement we could move the 2 oldest kids downstairs and it would eleviate this problem. I don't know how we can make this happen on a limited budget, but I am just throwing it out there.

I am also needing to change things up a bit with my own personal habits, such as reading the scriptures on a more daily basis, instead of just hit and miss. I know that this will make a huge difference in my life. I also really need to be better at my diet, I was doing so well but in the last few months I have thrown all caution to the wind and you can tell in how I fit into my pants. it is time to get back on the bandwagon.

I did take some pictures of my kids rooms yesterday, I was going to do a before, and after picture. I took one of them while they were a total mess and then I was going to take an after picture when they were all cleaned up, but somewhere along the line I have lost my camera. I know that it is in the house somewhere because I didn't go anywhere yesterday and I took those pictures while I was cleaning. So I am going to exercize faith that we will find the camera since we have all said a little prayer that we will. I will keep you posted on that.

4 comments:

Mickey said...

You have such great goals and pleasures. I love T ball too. Steve and I coached for a long time, and we were involved until Ben was 14 or 15. I think the girls got tired of it! I love the summer too. I will cross my fingers for your basement!

Lori said...

I am super excited for summer too! Can't wait to be able to send the kids outside EVERY DAY!! Looking forward to some camping trips with you!

Nat said...

I'm looking forward to summer, too! Swim lessons, library trips, and that's about it! A couple of other trips here and there, too, but I just want to be lazy lazy lazy! I hope you find your camera soon.

Robin said...

I love summer, but I do get nervous about keeping my five and the two I babysit occupied all the time so they don't get bored and lazy all day. I hope you get your basement done soon too--for your sanity. It made all the difference in my house. I love the extra space and no toys are allowed upstairs (except Mason's). We couldn't afford it at the time either, and so unfortunately we are still paying for it. We probably will have paid for it twice by the time it is paid off. I just try to remember how much I love it done when I got freaked out by how much it is costing us in interest payments alone. I hope to see you at park day sometime this summer--that is truly one of my favorite things about summer in this ward. Just hanging out with good friends one day a week and letting the kiddos run around the park. It is a great break for me!