Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3 down 1 to go

After at least 6 months of offering rewards, encouraging, begging, tears, temper tantrums (from both him and me), and just plain giving up Treyton is finally potty trained. It has only been two days, but in those two days he has gone from not trying at all to taking himself to the bathroom several times a day without me even really reminding him at all and even going #2 all by himself while I was running on the treadmill.

I told him on Monday that if he didn't get potty trained he would not be able to go to Boise with us next month for our little trip we are taking. I told him he would have to stay home with Grandma while we stayed in the hotel and went swimming and he would miss all the fun. This shook him up a bit and he went from refusing to put on underwear to putting them on and doing it no problem. Today we had only 2 small accidents and they were really only half accidents because he only got his underwear a little wet before he stopped and realized what he was doing. I really think we are done with diapers for him! I am so excited, now I only have 1 more child to potty train!!! Hurray!


Sorry, I had to take a picture of him doing it, he was so proud.

Carolina was so happy about it she called everyone to tell them. Look how cute she always sits with her feet crossed like that, I love it!

8 comments:

Mickey said...

Treyton, you are going to love this picture when you are in high school. You will probably see it in the school yearbook! Aren't moms wonderful!!

Mikael and Danyelle said...

Wahoo!! I am so excited for you!!! And oh my she is a doll, so dainty!!!

Rachel said...

I'm SO jealous! Congratulations! And Carolina looks totally adorable :)

Natalie♥ said...

That is so exciting!!!! Potty training is so hard and it is such an accomplishment when it is finally done. And I love the birthday cake, tell Reid he needs to teach Josh some skills :)

Nancy J said...

Way to go Treyton and hooray for you too Rachel. That is a great one to check off the list.

Robin said...

Yay! Way to go Treyton and Treyton's Mom! Carolina is such a girl! I love it! My boys don't really catch on to the phone thing. But they are awesome at turning every toy into some sort of weapon.

Lori said...

Yeah for Treyton. Addi's next! I can't believe how big and grown-up Carolina is!

Nat said...

Wow, that was fast! Just a few days ago you were saying that he wasn't interested at all. YAY! I only have one left, too, and part of me really wants to just git-r-done, but at the same time I don't want to push her... Gotta love it! Congrats!