Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mitchel's family birthday celebration

Poor McKay feel off our tramp at the party and hit is nose on the ladder- he is going to have a nice bruise
Mitch on his new "bike"

Oh boy!-Yikes

His 2nd cake

His birthday present from Dad & Mom


The party

Tonight we celebrated Mitch's birthday with our families. It is quite the houseful when we get everyone together. But it is fun to see all the cousins playing together and to enjoy one another's company. Reid made another motorcycle cake, this cake may have topped the one he made yesterday, not sure they were both pretty good. Mitch got lots of fun gifts, but the best was saved for last, he got a kid motorcycle. I'm not sure how I feel about this, it seems like it is a broken bone waiting to happen but it is something Reid really wanted to get him. He bought it used and has actually had it for a couple of months just awaiting the birthday. The plan is to use it when we go camping. Reid will ride his motorcycle, I will ride the 4-wheeler, Savanna the kids 4-wheeler and Mitch the kid motorcycle. And Treyton and Carolina will ride with Mom and Dad. We will see how this actually works.

Mitch is a really good kid, he is a joy to have in our home. For the most part he is very obedient, a very good helper to his Mom and Dad. He has done really well in Kindergarten, he has learned so much this year and I am so proud to call him my son. I love you Mitch! I hope this next year is your best year yet!

2 comments:

Robin said...

ousheScott wants to get matthew a motorcycle too. I'm a little unsure so you will have to let me know what you think. Matt is still a little young, maybe in a couple of years. Isn't Mitch six now?

Valeen said...

Oh, boy there is no turning back now. Once it is a father son tradition it is set in stone. That will be good for them though. Tell Reid I am very impressed with his cake decorating skills. I should have had him make a third one for Tanner whle he was at it!