Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mitchel's friend birthday party

Mitch blowing out his candles
Savanna broke open the pinata

Hayden hitting the pinata

Kaden taking a swing

Mitch opening his presents

The whole party- top-Gabe Bingham, Kaden Taylor, Savanna Fuhriman, Mitch Fuhriman, Dawson Abrams, 2nd row- Sarah Hamilton, McKinley Anglin, Carter Harris, Hayden Jackson, Elijah Beck, bottom- Cooper Sargent

Cool cake- Reid decorated it all by himself- he even made it himself.

(I am a little nervous to post this, only because we invited several friends to the birthday party from the neighborhood, but we couldn't invite everyone and I don't want anyone to feel bad that there child didn't get an invite. Just know that we did not intentionally leave anyone out! It's kind of funny that the only girls he wanted to invite were his cousins Sarah and McKinley and his sister Savanna) Since this serves as my journal and I am making a book out of it I choose to put it in.

Today Mitchel got his first friend birthday party. It was successful I think. I almost cancelled it because I have been really sick the past few days with strep throat, but I have been on antibiotics so I shouldn't be contagious anymore and I didn't want to break Mitchel's heart so we moved forward with the party. We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch, then they got to break a pinata, they played a few outside games like freeze tag and redlight, greenlight, we opened presents and had cake and ice cream. And then I just let them play for a while. I think that they all had a fun time. The kids were really good, I'm glad that Mitch has fun friends and cousins. In Mitchel's word "I got a lot of cool things for my birthday".

Here are some pictures from his party.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Wow, Reid did an awesome job on his cake. I'm jealous of your weather. You'd think it would be warmer where we are but it hasn't been.

Mickey said...

This cake is unbelievable! It is amazing that Reid did this, but what is really neat, is that he enjoyed every minute. Mitch looks like a natural on his motorcycle! He just hopped right on. He had a birthday to remember, that is for sure. I have a feeling that his little brother might learn how maybe a little earlier than his big brother!

Lori said...

Thanks for the throwing such a fun birthday party (especially with you not feeling well!) McK had a great time. It was the first "birthday party" she has ever been to! Reid's cakes were awesome! And Mitch is the cutest 6-year-old birthday boy ever!