Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quiet weekend!

It's just me and her this weekend

This weekend Reid took Savanna, Mitch & Treyton with him to Salt Lake to stay at his sister and Brother in law's cabin. I decided to stay home with Carolina. She does not do very well in the car and I wasn't really very excited about camping out with a baby, so we stayed home. I feel a little bit bad about not going and seeing my kids have so much fun at the cabin and for missing an opportunity to get out of town, but I have to say I have been loving the quiet around here. I got the kids rooms and closets cleaned out, and I went through all the kids clothes and got rid of a bunch of stuff. So I feel like I got a lot accomplished and it was worth me staying home to work on. I feel like with 4 kids all I ever get done is the basics, I can't ever seem to get any of the deep cleaning done that needs to happen. I do miss Reid and the kids but it has been an enjoyable weekend so far.
I decided to take the opportunity while the kids are gone to try and get Carolina to sleep through the night. (She shares a room with Savanna, so I haven't felt like I could let her cry it out.) I am getting really tired of getting up with her 3 and 4 times a night. So last night she went to sleep on her own, and when she woke up at about 11:30, it took about 1/2 hour of me going in to her room about every 5-10 minutes to try to comfort her without picking her up and she went back to sleep. She woke up again at 2 am and I did the same thing, and then again at 6:00 am, and I did get her out of her bed then and feed her and she went back to sleep. I will do it again tonight and hopefully we can get her to sleep clear through without too much crying. It breaks my heart to let her cry, but she is 8 months old, it is time to sleep through the night now.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Getting them to sleep through the night is one of the most difficult things for me to do with my babies. It is heartbreaking to let them cry. Hopefully she'll make it through the night now that Savannah is home and you can get a much deserved full night's sleep!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

What a quiet weekend. It sounds like it was an okay trade off to miss the kids and hubby, but get a lot of cleaning done.
Carolina is getting so big! She is a doll.