Friday, October 2, 2009

Savanna's birthday

I cheated this year and bought a cake from Albertson's. I saw this cake on my friend Natalie's blog and couldn't resist because Savanna loves strawberries.
This is the year of the barbies for her.
McKinley- her 5th birthday.
Aunt Corri and Alex. (I won't post her age- although she isonly 1 year older than me, and if you look close you can see the number on her cake.)
Savanna


Savanna and her skateboard that she got from Grandma Mickey

Savanna and Mitch and the cute purse she got from Aunt Holli
Today is Savanna's 7th birthday. It does not seem possible that it was 7 years ago tonight that I had this little blessing.

The day she was born I was scheduled to be induced, she was actually due on October 5th. After being on pit all day long and dialating to a 10 and after 2 hours of pushing, she started to go into distress and her heartbeat started really dropping so they decided to go ahead and get her out by c-section. It seems like the time since she was born has all passed by like as if it has been a dream.

I feel so thankful that she is my daughter. Although she is not perfect, she is pretty darn close. She has a very sweet personality, she is kindhearted, but totally fearless. She plays really hard, but she also likes and knows how to work. She loves school, playing with her friends, reading, and hanging out with her family. She is a really good big sister and is so helpful to her Mom.

Tonight we got to celebrate her birthday along with her Aunt Corri's, and cousin McKinley's. It was fun to be able to share her birthday with her aunt and cousin. She got lots of fun toys that she is excited about, she is especially excited because she gets to have another birthday party on Sunday with her Aunt Sara at my parents house.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Savanna! Thanks again for letting us share in her day. It was a great birthday party!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Savanna! Seven is a big age!

Shanda said...

Happy Birthday Savanna! They grow soooooo fast!!

Mickey said...

wow, what a great party! Thank you Rachel for hosting 3 birthday parties! and we still have 2 to go for oct! it is a busy month. Savanna, you are such a fantastic girl. I am so excited for you to be 7 yrs old. My goodness where did that 7 years go? I love you. Happy Birthday.

Nat said...

She is just so cute. I love her little freckles. And she's doing awesome at piano!