Sunday, July 12, 2009

2009 Sargent Reunion

We just finished our annual Van Sargent family reunion this weekend, we had a lot of fun.

This year we tried something different, instead of going to a different location and stay for the weekend we stayed here in IF, and just did some fun things around here together. We saved a lot of money by doing it that way.

On Friday we went to Blacktail and went boating, waterskiing and tubing. We also did some fishing and almost everyone caught a fish. It was a beautiful day and everyone had lots of fun. Friday night we got a babysitter for all the kids and the adults went out to dinner and bowling. It was really nice to be able to spend time with just the grown-ups and enjoy adult conversation. Friday night all the kids slept over at Ruth's house, most of the adults got to go home and sleep in their own beds, except for Reid and Steve who stayed to be their with their kids.

On Saturday we all drove to Lava Hot Springs and went swimming and the men got to go golfing. It was really crowded, but it was also a lot of fun. I haven't been to Lava for probably about 20 years and everyone had a lot of fun. Aunt Val and her family got to come and spend time with us their also. Saturday night we had a BBQ at Ruth and Kents house and Reid set up a tent in their back yard for the kids to sleep in. Although it ended up only being my kids and Reid that slept in it.

Today we had breakfast and a family devotional and played some games and then had a delicous lunch/dinner and cleaned up and came home. Now it is just time to recover.

My saddest news is that I had over 30 pictures on my camera from the weekend and somehow when I was transferring them onto my computer there was a malfunction and they are all gone now from my computer and from my camera. I am so sad, I had so many cute pictures and they are all gone!!! Sometimes I hate technology- you can't live with it and you can't live without it.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! So sad about your photos! I am always afraid that something will happen to my computer and I will loose all my photos, since I don't ever have prints made anymore.

Nat said...

Sounds like it was fun. What a bummer about your pics!

Roxanne said...

I bet you are so tired after having so much fun. Now you need a vacation from your vacation! I love spending time with family, though. They make for the best memories ever! Can't wait to see you guys!