Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yeah! No more biliblanket


My Grandma Call and Carolina
Mitch and Carolina
We took Carolina into have her bilirubin levels checked again this morning and her levels are down enough that we can take her off the biliblanket. We are supposed to take her in again tomorrow to make sure that it continues to go down after being off the blanket, but what a relief to not have to have her on that silly blanket any more.

I was excited to be able to get out of the house today for t-ball games and because of the rain we only got 1 inning of Savanna's in before they stopped the games due to the rain. Bummer, this was the first time I was able to go their games this year. Oh well, there is always next week.
I am feeling better each day, just tired from lack of sleep. It seems that Carolina likes to sleep a lot during the day and then nurse all night. I feel like all I am doing is breastfeeding, luckily I have a comfortable recliner that I can kind of half sleep in while feeding her. Savanna, Mitch and Treyton are totally in love with her and it is cute to watch them love her.

4 comments:

Sara Sargent Williams said...

She really is a pretty baby. I can't wait to see her again!

Miranda said...

So glad she is over her jaundice, that can be so hard. Hopefully she will get her nights in order for you. She really is beautiful!

Nat said...

Ugh, I hate it when babies have jaundice; my sister had to do the blanket thing and it was such a pain! I hope her results come back saying that she's good to go.

Roxanne said...

I love seeing tiny little babies all snuggled in soft blankets! I remember not really enjoying nursing like I thought I would, and you told me to wait--that your favorite time was 3 to 6 months. You were right of course! Well, at leaste you have a comfy chair!