Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleep glorious sleep!

I decided to take a picture of everyone sleeping this morning- yes I had to climb up on Mitchel's bunk bed to get him. (see him sleeping with his cars- he always has to pick out two match box cars to take to bed with him.)
Here's Treyton- yes that is his pacifier still-don't judge me!
Savanna- She doesn't like to sleep in her covers because it is harder to make her bed if she does that!- silly girl.
Carolina- no problem sleeping by herself during the day!

Most of you that have had a baby know that the first few weeks of life after a baby is born there is not a lot of sleep happening at night. Carolina seems to sleep all day, and wants to nurse all night to make up for it. I have been trying really hard to make her wake up every 2 hours to feed to try to make this better, but she just wasn't quite catching on.

Finally, last night she slept for several hours at a time. It was so nice to get some sleep in my actual bed. I have been snoozing in the recliner while feeding her, but it just isn't quite the same. I feel so much better today because I only had to get up with her twice to feed her and then she went back to sleep, thanks to Reid who let her fall asleep on his chest. She just really likes to be close to someone. She doesn't like her cradle at all!

I just hope that last night wasn't just a fluke!

4 comments:

Nat said...

I LOVE it when everyone sleeps in, or goes to sleep all at the same time. Such a peaceful, wonderful thing. I hope it wasn't a fluke night for you, too!

Lori said...

You have the cutest kids! They always look so peaceful when they are sleeping. How fun to get photos of all of them. Shouldn't you have been sleeping too?!!

Mickey said...

What beautiful pictures of beautiful children. I am a lucky grandma.

Shanda said...

How cute!