Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's good to be home!

Getting ready for the first car ride home!


These kids love their baby sister!

This is me the morning before Carolina was born.
I am so glad to not have her inside anymore!

Thank you Sara for the cute guest post! I loved reading it.

We were able to come home from the hospital on Friday instead of Saturday, when the doctor told me that I was doing ok and I could go home a day early I jumped at the chance. I was not sleeping at all at the hospital. Every time I would start to dose off someone would come in the room, whether it be a nurse to check vitals, or the janitor to empty the garbage, or a volunteer to offer some juice, or someone to visit. I thought that staying the full 3 days would be best, but I have gotten much more rest at home.

Reid took the boys to the Father and Son's outing last night, so my Mom came and slept at our house and she was a huge help. Ruth brought dinner over and Angie, Kate, my Mom and Dad and Savanna all ate dinner and watched a movie at my house. I actually slept while everyone else watched the movie, it was fun to just hang out. I was up just long enough in the night to feed Carolina, and then my Mom would change her diaper and hold her if she was crying. She also helped me take Carolina back into the Doctor today to have her blood tested for jaundice. She has it pretty bad so she is on the billiblanket, and I just have to make sure that she eats really good every 2 hours. She is so sleepy so it is a little difficult. She seems to be a little bit more alert this afternoon, so hopefully by Monday we will be able to be finished with the billiblanket. It is just kind of a pain to have to carry it around with Carolina.

My c-section incision was really hurting last night, but today I am feeling a little bit better. I am really trying to take it easy, and just not worry about the house or anything. We'll see how that goes, I am a little bit high strung, and I have a hard time relaxing. Carolina is a really good baby so far, she is very easy going and a joy to have in our home. I feel so blessed that I have another healthy baby. Thank you to all that came and visited in the hospital and to all the help with my kids from my wonderful family! I am especially thankful to my Mom for all she has done to help me, to Reid for being so wonderful, and for my kids putting up with all the confusion of the last couple of days.

5 comments:

Holli Fuhriman said...

Congrats on a beautiful baby! I agree about sleeping in the hospital. Those beds are just not comfortable!

Nat said...

I've been wanting to comment and say CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful. Just let me know if you need any help with anything-cleaning, or taking kids so you can nap, or whatever.

Corri said...

Good luck with the jaundice. Those billiblankets are not fun. We had one with Sarah. We called her our glow worm. Glad everything else is going well. Your kids look so cute and happy.

Sara Sargent Williams said...

I have got to get back home and hold that baby! I love Mitchel's box smile. I am glad that you are home and doing well and that Mom is there to be such a good help. Wish I could do more for you besides pray! xoxo

Our Story said...

She looks like a little dolly! She is so beautiful- congratulations and I hope recovery goes quickly and smoothly for you :)