Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Guest Blogger and Self-Appointed Favorite Aunt's First Entry....















Today my little sister gave birth to her 4th baby, her last baby and her 2nd baby girl. She is a great mother and wife and sister and daughter and friend. We had a full day with the "little" Sargent grandkids and Romrell cousins tee-ball game at 10:30am then rushing over to the hospital to see Rachel and her brand new Carolina and then back to the Iona Square for Easton and Savanna's tee-ball game. Following the game we hustled over to movies to see "UP" with all the grandkids and Aunt Ruth and Uncle Stevan came with us. Mitchel wins the record for most consumed popcorn and rootbeer - I think he may think that it is a contest! I could hear all the kids laughing out loud at different parts of the movie. I would highly recommend it to everyone!


Here are some of my favorite things about my sister.....

1) no matter the restaurant - she will always order a chicken sandwich

2) she checks in with me most regularly of all my siblings

3) she makes time for herself - I admire her daily workouts and dedication to her fitness without being narcissistic or selfish with her time

4) she has learned the womanly art of picking her battles and standing up for herself without being disrespectful to others or to her relationships

5) she gives time to my parents and works on her friendship with them

6) she is quick to help Ruth and Angie with their kids and their schedules

7) her kids all have her pretty, round blue eyes

8) she is quick with compliments to me - and every spinster sister needs to be complimented by someone!

9) she is a good mom to my nieces and nephews and raises smart kids

10) she serves the Lord as a mother and in her callings in her ward

I love you Rachel! Good luck and Congratulations!!!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Well that is the most gorgeous brand new baby girl I have seen in a very long time.

As for the Spinster Sister and favorite Aunt--You are an amazing women! You make this world a better place to live in. Your family is so very blessed to have you.

Mikael and Danyelle said...

Rachel, Carolina is beautiful!! And oh my gosg she has lots of blonde hair! Congrats!!!

Shera said...

Congrats, she really is beautiful! I asked Mitchel at t-ball what his new baby's name was, and he said "I don't know, Cooper what is my baby's name?" Cooper did not know either, so Angie filled me in. I hope mom and baby are still doing well. We are happy Carolina is here at last.

*Sorry I gave you such a hard time for asking me to sing, I just get so nervous, but it was alright in the end.

Valeen said...

Thanks to the "guest blogger" for making me cry. I whole heartedly agree with everything said about Rachel and her beautiful baby.

Love ya-- Val

Holly said...

Rachel, she is so BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited for you guys. Congrats! You need anything, call me.

Miranda said...

I love her squishy cheeks! She is beautiful! Congratulaitons! You have the neatest family!

The Taylor Family said...

Way to cute Rachel- She is a cookie cutter of her mom:) HOpe all is well!! Call if you need anything

Natalie♥ said...

She is a doll!!! That makes me so baby hungry :) I hope you are doing well and everything went good for you and baby. She is just gorgeous, congratulations!!