Monday, May 25, 2009

Old Navy nightmare

I woke up Saturday morning and realized I needed to run a few errands for the day. I needed to get McKay and Kate birthday presents and get some groceries and a few other things. I took Savanna and Treyton with me because Mitchel was still fast asleep and so was Reid. On my way into town I remembered that Old Navy was having their sale on flip flops for $1. So I thought I will just hurry and stop there first and buy a few pair and then go to Walmart. I got there a little after 10:00 am, and it was a mad house. You would have thought that they were selling diamonds for $1.00, but Savanna was so excited to get some new flip flops that I couldn't leave.

So we went and picked out a few pairs of flip flops, got McKay and Kate some new summer clothes, found Savanna a new pair of Sunday shoes, and Mitch and Treyton some needed new swimming suits and we were ready to leave. This was when the fun began, the lines were almost to the back of the store. I would have just put the stuff back and left, but Savanna had her heart set on her new sunday shoes (and her new flip flops). We stood in line for over an hour, about 1/2 way through Treyton started crying uncontrollably and wanted to be held (which about killed me at 9 months pregnant.) But we finally made it through bought our merchandise and were able to leave. Next time I will pay $2.50 per pair of flip flops and avoid the craziness! After that adventure I still had to brave Walmart on a Saturday- which seemed very mild in comparison to my Old Navy experience. By the time I made it home I was already exhausted for the day.

3 comments:

Mickey said...

Oh the things we do for our children! You need a to give someone a call and say HELP please come stand in line for me! I hope you feel okay, and rest and relax!

Layton Mom said...

I braved the ON madness on Saturday too. I didn't wait in line nearly as long as you did though. I totally agree about the $2.50. I would rather pay that than have to stand in line, and $2.50 is still a pretty good deal I think.

Nat said...

Ugh, I HATE shopping! That would have killed me, I think. But hey, now you have all the new-and very inexpensive-stuff!