Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day fun!




Today was a fun day! We got up this morning and Reid and the kids worked for several hours trying to get our garden spot ready for planting. This is our first year of actually using the garden spot. Last year we planted some vegetables in our back flower bed by the house, but we decided that we would do the full blown garden this year. What a great year for us to do that, we'll see if the garden actually turns out with having a newborn.

Then this afternoon we had a picnic at Freeman Park with the Romrell family, it is always fun to see my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. The kids had fun running around and playing with their cousins.

Tonight while I sat in the lawn chair, Reid and the kids planted the garden. I can't wait to have fresh corn on the cob, cucumbers, pumpkins etc....

3 comments:

Nat said...

YAY for a big garden! One of these days...well, I guess one of these summers. Maybe next year!

Roxanne said...

Sweet! I remember when I was little thinking that a garden was the coolest thing ever. I loved the excitement of planting, watching it grow, and eating it too. Congrats and way to go.

Our Story said...

You live a couple of houses down from my parents and I never knew until this weekend when I saw your husband and his big red truck out in front of your house.