Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!


My big Easter bunnys

Savanna and Mitch took the heads off the Easter bunny's and were pretending they were the bunny's.
Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a good day. Yes, I am a fool, when I was little I used to get very upset when people would play April fools day jokes on me for presents. Like empy presents or rocks wrapped up as presents. My Mom says that they learned early on not to play jokes on me for my birthday because it always made me cry.

I had to work yesterday, and I was glad that I did. I feel really lucky to have great friends at work that made me feel special on my birthday. Also my phone kept ringing all day long with calls and texts wishing me a happy day. My phone actually went dead from all the calls. It is so nice to know that people care.

Reid took me out to dinner with the kids to Red Robin on Tuesday night since he had to work on my birthday. I have been wanting to go since they opened so it was fun to finally get to go.

The kids and I finally put out our Easter decorations last night. They get so excited about doing it. I have these big Easter Bunny's that they just love. They like to play with them like dolls. I probably shouldn't let them play with them because they will get ruined, but I don't have the heart to make them stop. Now if we could just get some spring weather in time for Easter Egg Hunts.

5 comments:

Nat said...

Happy birthday yesterday! I'm glad you had a nice day, even though the weather isn't cooperating with the "nice". I got to eat at Red Robin when they were doing their trial run thing, and YUMMY! So tasty!

Whitney said...

Happy, Happy Rachel, I'm late, of course.. I'm so glad you had a great day even if you did have to get older...but you know they "need" older women to be called as RS President's! love ya.T

Natalie♥ said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!! I am so glad you had a good day. I love those Easter Bunny pictures of the kids those are so cute! Hope you are doing good, we still need to get together soon.

Shera said...

Happy belated birthday! I second Trudy's nomination now that you are not the Gospel Doctrine teacher :)

Rachel said...

I'm glad that they don't choose Relief Society Presidents based on nominations. I know that I don't want to be the women to follow in Trudy's footsteps!