Monday, March 30, 2009

Perspective

It is amazing what a new day will do for your mood. I feel much better about life today. It also helps to look outside your own life and realize how lucky you really are. There are so many people out there that have way more struggles than I do. I can't complain. I have a cousin that her husband needs a major back surgery that they only do in Germany. It costs $40,000 dollars and insurance won't cover it, he is in so much pain that he can hardly walk. I guess that the FDA is in the process of approving it in the U.S. but it takes time, and then once it is approved here none of the U.S. doctors have been trained on how to do it. So they really need to go and do it. When I look at things from that point of view I need to quit feeling sorry for myself for silly little miner things.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Oh, that poor guy! That's SOOO much money! But I guess it's worth it to fix his back. And even though your problems may be small potatoes compared to that, they're still problems, so don't get down on yourself for having a bad day.

Nancy J said...

Life really is about perspective. Happy Birthday today! I hope you have a great day.