Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thank you Super Nanny

I have mentioned in earlier blogs that I had been having trouble with Treyton at bedtime. Ever since he figured out how to climb out of his crib, getting him to bed has been nothing but a head ache. He either had to be rocked until he was all the way asleep (which could take up to an hour) or he had to lay in bed with us, and once he was asleep we would take him to his own bed. But it was really starting to be a pain, especially when he would try to sleep with us. Then he would get up and wonder around the house, thinking he owns the place. I was starting to get very frustrated, especially since being pregnant I am so tired at night that I have no patience.

So after watching an episode of Super Nanny I tried her bedtime routine. And thankfully it worked. It took a week, but it is working. We moved him into the bottom bunk and Mitch to the top bunk. Then the first night of this, I sat in his room for over an hour and a 1/2 and had to put him back into his bed over 50 times, until he finally cried himself to sleep. The 2nd night took about 30 minutes, then for about 4 nights it took about 20 minutes each. But the last 2 nights he has gone to bed without crying, or trying to get out of bed and gone right to sleep. I feel like it is a little miracle. Hopefully it keeps working! Life is much better when you can go to bed without a 2 year old!

4 comments:

Shanda said...

Woohoo! I am glad it is working for you! Sorry you had to go through that though!
By the way, when is your due date again?? It is getting closer isn't it?

Lori said...

Wow- I always wonder if Super Nanny's stuff really works or if it is only good on TV. I do think it is true that kids really need consistency. So glad you figured something out and that you've stuck with it - 50 times!!

Nat said...

I'm so glad he's gone down for you! YAY! When bedtime is easy, everything else seems to be easier.

Whitney said...

So, Rachel, did you see Treyton putting his finger in the cupcakes at the talent show last night!! Latesha and Zoe and I just laughed our heads off. Make sure you get all of these great tidbits in his baby book. You look wonderful - it must be the added rest you're getting!! Love ya, T.