Thursday, January 15, 2009

Embarassing!

As I said in a previous post I've had a pretty bad cold for a few days and can't seem to kick it. The last day or two have been a little rough. This afternoon I was feeling pretty crummy, Treyton was taking a nap, so I got the kids some lunch and turned on the cartoons. I laid down on the couch and immediately fell asleep. My house looked like a hurricane hit, and I didn't even care. The next thing I knew my sister in law Angie was in my house to come and see if Savanna and Mitch could come and play. Treyton was awake and running amuck and I looked like the biggest slacker of a mother. She, of course, was very kind and offered to take my kids so I could continue my nap but I felt so dumb that I couldn't go back to sleep. Instead Treyton and I spent a few hours cuddling and reading books. I just hope that by tomorrow I have a little more energy!

3 comments:

Shanda said...

That was so nice of her! Don't be embarassed! We have ALL been there!

Benner said...

You are pregnant! And you have 3 kids already!!! Don't be so hard on yourself. Besides, your house is not a mess. I love you Rachel!

Nat said...

You haven't seen mess until you've been to my house! Honestly, when you're pregnant OR sick, not to mention both, housework can definitely go on the back burner. I hope you feel better soon!