Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Functional Family

I was looking through the February 2009 Ensign and came across an article that really hit me and I can't stop thinking about it. It is called The Functional Family. I felt like this is just what I needed to read. People always talk about dysfunctional families, but what are we doing to make sure that we have functional families.

I feel like I get so busy just doing the basics and surviving life that I forget the whole reason that I had a family and what the end goal is for us. I am so busy taking care of the day to day things that I forget the things that really have meaning. I need to live more intentionally and make sure my children know what is important. If I want my children to be patient, I need to be patient with them. This is a very good article and I recommend everyone read this.

3 comments:

Mikael and Danyelle said...

Thank you Rachel, I needed that!

Nat said...

A good reminder! I'll have to go read it. I too get caught up in the day to day.

Layton Mom said...

I just read that article too. It got me to thinking as well.