Monday, December 1, 2008

Putting up Christmas

They are so proud of their handy work!
Tonight for family home evening we put out all our Christmas decorations and decorated our tree, and had a little lesson about the true meaning of Christmas and had hot chocolate and candy canes for a treat. It was a really fun night, although I always forget how much stuff I have for Christmas. I don't even put out all the decorations that I have anymore. I need to just throw some of it away.

It was fun to watch the kids really get into the decorating and putting the ornaments on the tree. Reid and I decided that only a few more years and they can pretty much take it all over (which will be nice.) It is so fun to see the excitement in their eyes and for them to be so happy.

Now if I could just get some of my Christmas shopping done that would be good. (I seriously haven't hardly bought anything!)

7 comments:

Shanda said...

That is too cute! I love that "look" in the kids' eyes also! It makes it all worth it doesn't it? We still need to get and get ours cut! We are behind this year!

Nat said...

I'm opposite-I've bought all my gifts, but we haven't set the stuff out yet-no tree, no lights on the house yet...ugh. Your decorations look great!

Lori said...

Wow-you have it all up already?! We started putting ours up for FHE but we didn't get very far, so I have Christmas scattered all over my house. I can't believe it's so close!! Good luck shopping.

Natalie♥ said...

How fun!!! I bet your kids love going and cutting down their own tree. That is really fun tradition. Your kids look so cute peeking through the stair rail :)

Garling Ranch said...

Nice tree!!! Your kids are so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh No!! Don't throw it away - bring it to work and let everyone have their pick, especially ME! :-)

julie said...

Before you throw out your extra stuff, try freecycling. That's what I did this year with decorations I don't use anymore. I posted it, and then that night someone came and got them. So nice! It's freecycling.com and there's an idaho falls group you can join. Just be prepared to get lots of emails!