Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Treyton's new tricks

We have had a pretty un-eventful week at our house, but Treyton has figured out a few things that have made our nights interesting.

He has figured out how to get out of his crib, so usually at night I rock him for a few minutes until he is a bit drowsy then I put him in his crib and he goes to sleep. Well this isn't working so well anymore because he just gets right out of his bed over and over. There have been a few nights when I have had to put him back in bed up to 10 times. I have even been in bed myself and I hear little footprints, and get up to find him wondering the dark house.

He has also figured out how to take off his clothes and diaper. So two nights in a row I have gone to check on him and he has been naked. One morning when I went to get him up so I could go to work, I walked into the room it smelled really strongly of urine. And then I realized he had no diaper on and he had peed all over in his bed. Thank goodness for washing machines. Now I have to be really careful to make sure he has his diaper on after he is asleep.

7 comments:

Zoe said...

Boys, you have to love them! Isn't it crazy what your kids get up to, sometimes I wonder what goes through their little heads?

Shanda said...

You know what's crazy, Cameron just went through that same thing, but theirs is a little girl! They are the escape artists at this age! Plus, where do they come up with the idea to take off their clothes?? Silly kids!

Natalie♥ said...

O Rachel I am so sorry! I hate it when they learn to take their clothes and diaper off. And I am dreading the day Kenna starts to climb out of her crib, that makes things so hard. I hope you can get things figured out with him. I use to put Kynzee's sleeper jammies on backwards so the zipper was in the back, that worked great.

Nat said...

Crazy kids! Troy was the only one that climbed out of his crib. But all my kids at one point or another have stripped down, but not for very long. I've heard duct tape the diaper. And we totally lock Troy in his room because otherwise he'd just get out over and over. I think half the nights he ends up sleeping in front of his door on the floor.

marathon runner said...

it is kinda funny and you will laugh at this some day and share this with others when he gets older. Kelsie was always naked everywhere...I really had to keep my eye on her so she would not take her clothes off is stores. And everyone reminds her tht she was once a nudist :). Good Luck!

Shera said...

I watched Super Nanny once and she said "it may take a few days of putting them back to bed 2 or 3 times before they learn". Maybe she could help me with that because I am like you, at least 10 times a night. My sister tried the duct tape trick and her little boy just pulled the diaper apart. Oh the joys of motherhood. There is nothing yuckier!

Miranda said...

What a stinker. Do yo have any zipper jammies or is that what he is getting out of? I am sure Isaac will be just the same. He throws everything I know about parenting right out the window~