Friday, November 7, 2008

Sleepover's gone wrong!

Tonight Savanna and Mitchel were having a sleep-over at their Grandma Mickey's house with their cousins that are here from SLC. I was a little worried that Mitch wouldn't want to stay the night because he is such a home body, but he said that he wanted to. Well I get a phone call about 9:00 pm from Grandma and so I thought for sure she would say that he wanted to come home, but no it was Savanna. She was very sick with a headache, and she just wanted to come home. So I got right in the car and went and got her. When I got her in the car to come home she just started to cry that she had a tummy ache, I asked her if she needed to throw up and she said no, just hurry home. Then we get a ways down the road and she said she had to throw up, so I pulled over and got her out, but she couldn't throw up. So I got her bag full of clothes emptied and told her that if she needed to throw up while I was driving to do it in the bag, and sure enough she did. Poor thing threw up several times in the car. By the time we got home the bag was full of vomit, so it just went in the garbage. We got her bathed and calmed down and she was feeling a lot better when we get another phone call from Grandma, now Mitch wants to come home. He's not sick, just homesick. So Reid headed off to get him.

I can't complain, because when I was young anytime I had a sleepover my Mom almost always had to come and get me because I would get so homesick, I would think that I could do it, but when it was time for bed I just couldn't. It is nice to have them all home in their own beds.

8 comments:

Shanda said...

Darn it! Poor little thing! Hope she is doing better and is able to rest! I hate it so much when my kids get sick!

Nat said...

Ugh! I think the barfies are going around. Poor girl. Once I fainted while I was sleeping over at a girl's house. It was so embarrassing. I hope she feels better soon.

Jodi said...

Really! Oh my goodness. Well, the bug is making his rounds through the neigborhood. Poor little Savannah. It didn't last long at our house. It was over in 24 hrs. You are amazing! I am not sure I could handle the smell in my very best of spirits. I stood there for like 5 mins. thinking "surely there is some sort of nice cleaning lady I could call!" Pathetic-I know.

Our Story said...

Poor Savannach! I hope she is feeling better today!!! :)

Natalie♥ said...

O No! So much for your night alone huh? That's too bad I hope Savannah gets feeling better.

Mickey said...

I don't think Savanna had the :bug: we just played so hard and laughed and laughed. Savanna said grandma I have never laughed this much. she was a real trooper when she got her head ache. She tried to rest, but in the end she just wanted her mom. There is no place like home. I think she needed more water because we had a busy fun day. It was great to have the cousins playing together. Mitch was fine until James went to sleep. Then he thought that he would really just like his own bed and "soft animas" He was sooo cute.Thank you Rachel for taking Emily saturday she had a fun time. All she talked about while I was in Salt lake was getting to play with Savanna. Being a grandma is wonderful.

Shera said...

The bug is at our house now. I am glad Savannah can make it in the bag! I also wanted to tell you how amazing your talks were yesterday. You both did so well that I think Bishop will have a hard time choosing which one of you should be Gospel Doctrine teacher.

Garling Ranch said...

Sad story! I hope that everything will turn out okay, and she gets feeling better soon!