Monday, October 20, 2008

I've been tagged!

My friend Natalie tagged me on this it was kind of hard for me to come up with 7 things, but here I go, here are the rules.

Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 other people and leave a comment on their blog that they have been tagged.

1. I still haven't figured out how to do a lot of stuff on this blogging thing. Like I can't figure out how to use "The Cutest Blog on the Block" I know you are all thinking that I must be an idiot, but I have seriously tried to figure it out like 5 times. Each time I go on there I can't get it to work, and so I just give up. That is why I still have the boring old blog background. If anyone has any advice I am listening!!!

2. I am not very organized, if you come to my house it usually is pretty clean. Things are put away and it looks presentable, but if you were to open up the drawers, pantry, cupboards and closets you would be shocked, and I would want to die. It drives my husband crazy, because he is much more organized than me. I usually try to organize a couple of times a year, but they just go back to being disorganized within a few weeks. I figure if it bugs him that much he could organize it himself!!

3. I love to exercize, and I am kind of obsessed about it. I have to exercize 6 times a week, if I don't I feel horrible, and will end up doing it late at night. I usually get up early (like 5:30 or 6:00) and exercize and I have to do it for at least 90 minutes. Even if I am not feeling great I tell myself ok, only for 30 minutes, but I always end up doing at least 1 hour if not 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I love how it makes me feel, plus I love to eat so I have to do it or else I would be as big as a house. This is not always such a good thing, because I sacrifice other things that I should be doing to get the exercize in. I have gotten a little bit better, because last year at this time when I was really focusing on losing weight I would do it twice a day. I would drag my kids downstairs with me while I got on the treadmill or bike in the afternoon after having already done it early in the morning, but now I have cut it down to only once a day.

4. I am really a home body, I get homesick if I am even away for 1 day. I just like being in my own space. I remember after I had Mitchel and he was a brand new baby Reid had to go back to work and he was working nights, so my Mom had me and Savanna, and Mitch come and sleep over at her house so that she could help me with the baby and Savanna, she was still a baby herself. During the middle of the night I couldn't hardly stand it, I just wanted to go home and be in my own place. We made it through the night, but I remember thinking that I would never do that again.

5. I love to hang out with my family. My siblings, parents, Aunts, and cousins have always been my best friends. Some of the best times of my life have been sitting around my parents kitchen visiting with family.

6. I am terrible about staying in touch with old friends and people from the past. That is a huge regret of mine. I don't keep in touch with any of my old roommates or mission companions. There are tons of people out there that have meant a lot to me in my life and I have no idea what they are up to now. Maybey someday I will make that right!

7. I don't like to go camping, but I am married to someone that does, so I go quite a bit. My kids also love it so I try to be a good sport. I hate being dirty, I hate using outhouses, I hate not sleeping in my own bed. I do not enjoy the packing and un-packing and the whole thing. But I will keep doing it because I think it is important to the kids to make these good memories, and I try to not be grumpy about it.

I tag, Shanda, Nikki, Hillary G., Ted & Kaylee, Lori, Ben & Genelle

9 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

I love it Rachel, that was so fun to read!

Unknown said...

Not sure how to do the tag thing, but I'll give it a shot. You are so funny about what we talked about today! This is all just my own "analness"! To use cute blogs download the one you want to use, select the code (funny computer language), right click and choose copy, then go to your blog layout, choose add html, in the window that pops up paste the code you copied, and click save. I hope I didn't miss a step, it took me forever to figure it out and I would get sooooooo mad...see you at work!

Shanda said...

That is just cute! I can agree with alot of the things you said in my life also!

Nat said...

Okay, so I'm not a pro at blogging either, but Cutest Blog has made it pretty easy. Change your background to something with "minima" in the name-like a plain white one. You can find that under "Layout", then "Pick New Template". Then go to Cutest Blog. Go under "links" on the left, then "backgrounds". Click on the one you want then follow their directions. It should work.

Also, I can't believe you exercise that much! You need to give me lessons in self-discipline.

Miranda said...

It's so fun learning new stuff about you. So I am impressed you love to exercise, I just do it cause I know I should..I wish I was more like you! Also if you can't get a background to work I can try to help, just give me a call.

Garling Ranch said...

If you go to the web site missions.net you can go to your mission home page and there are alot of companions that have put there contact email or even their blog address. I think you have to register and then you get a username and password. I have made contact with close to 2 dozen of my old mission friends this way. Once you get talking to a few of them, they have contact info of others. Then the snowball gets going bigger and bigger.

Garling Ranch said...

CORRECTION: mission.net not missions.net
Thanks
Ted

Shera said...

I really identified with your #7. As I kid I loved camping, and as a mother it is so much work!! I too try to have a good attitude about it so my kids can have the same good memories.
I wish I could really identify with #3 :)

Garling Ranch said...

Hey Rachel! I tagged you! You don't have to do it if you don't want because you just barely did another one. But, this one is kind of fun!