Friday, October 17, 2008

Hunting Season

Well Hunting Season has come again and I have to say that I am not loving it. Reid is hunting this weekend, and so it is just me and the kids until tomorrow night (probably, unless he gets something and comes home early). Last night I took the kids out to dinner at Papa Kelsey's, and I told myself that I will never do that again. Mitchel and Treyton wanted to run all over the restaurant and by the time we got our food, I had just about had enough! Then we went to Target because we had to get McKinley a birthday present and a baby gift for a shower I am going to tomorrow, and by the time I left the store I was a nervous wreck. They don't want to stay in the cart, and they want to wander, which is just a bad idea. So anyway, I will be waiting until I am not a single mother anymore before I venture to anymore stores or at least get a babysitter or something!

7 comments:

Shanda said...

Holy Smokes! Hang in there!

Mikael and Danyelle said...

I am not a very big fan of hunting either. Mikael is going hunting for 3 days straight, and I don't know what I am going to do. So I say Boo Hoo on hunting (I guess unless he gets something, right?)

Natalie♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie♥ said...

I know exactly how you feel! I hate being a single mother in hunting season, not fun. It seems like the kids act up more when they know Dad is gone. Sorry my husband takes Reid away from home so much.

Natalie♥ said...

Just letting you know that you have been tagged:) Check out my blog for more info.

marathon runner said...

I dont really miss those days! Sometimes I take a stupid pil and take about 7 neices and nephews places with me and then I have a bad experience and remember how hard ti was to veture in public with little kids...your reward will come, hang in there

Garling Ranch said...

You are a brave mom to go out with your kids alone. I hope that next time it will be a little easier. Hunting season is the pits. We get all these hunters that come tromping all over our farm like they own it (and there is no hunting on it). Then they shoot up our stuff, which costs us money, so it is not fun. Last year, I lost three of my cats because the hunter's dogs killed them. I was so sad!