Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

I saw this on Jodi's blog and thought it was so cute, so I decided to do it myself

20 years ago I was:
1. I was 15 years old and a Sophomore in High School at Bonneville
2. I tried out for Honeybee's and didn't make it, I made a goal to make it the next year so I worked my butt off all year (literally!)
3. I got a job that summer at Baskin Robbins! That is where I met Jodi for the first time, and got flashed!

10 year ago I was:
1. Working at Melaleuca in the Forecasting and Planning Department, making the big bucks-yeah right!
2. I think that was the year I went on the cruise with Sara and had one of the best vacations of my life.
3. Moved into an apartment with my cousin Audra and we had a total blast being single! But also scrared to death that I would never get married.

5 years ago I was:
1. Savanna was 1 year old and I was barely pregnant with Mitchel.
2. Living in my little house on 20th Street, and serving in the Young Women's presidency and loving it!
3. Reid started his job at the INL this year, we were happy he was able to quit working at the Jail and that we could afford to start building our new home.

3 years ago I was:
1. Living in our house on Sandy Dr. with two little children, and trying to decide if it was time to try for our 3rd baby.
2. Put our house for sale on Sandy and sold it in just 7 days for the price we were asking (lucky to sell before the market started to weaken.)
3. Was enjoying my job as Office Manager at Koala Kids.

1 year ago I was:
1. Busy with 3 small children-4, 3, and 1o months old!
2. Spending many hours a week practicing the piano for the primary program. I was scared to death. But it was probably one of the most inspired callings I have ever had, just because I really had to work hard and pray for Heavenly Father's help to get me through it.
3. Walking every night with Jodi and Sarah, and trying really hard to lose weight while following weight watchers. (I need to get back on that!)

This year I:
1. Trained and did a 1/2 marathon- yeah!!
2. Went to New York City for the first time with my sisters and Mom- left the children with Reid for 5 days, and it was wonderful!!!
3. Am still the primary pianist, but definately not practicing like I should. ( This year I have Angie also doing it, so I have really slacked off!)

Yesterday I:
1. Got up at 6:00 am and ran 5 miles on the treadmill.
2. Went to Koala Kids after Savanna got home from school and made cotton candy for our annual Back to School BBQ.- I came home covered from head to toe in sticky cotton candy!
3. Stayed up too late watching Larry King on CNN. I am obsessed with the Presidential Campaign.

Today I:
1. Couldn't get up this morning to exercise because I was so tired from yesterday!
2. Went to work this morning at Koala Kids late because I couldn't get up this morning!
3. Got Savanna and Mitchel's Halloween costumes- They are cute- Savanna will be a witch this year, and Mitchel wanted to be Batman. (Trey will be Mitchel's costume from 2 years ago a Dragon.)

Tomorrow I will:
1. Try to get up early to exercise before Savanna is off to school.
2. Mop the floor since Treyton spilled 7-up on it and it is very sticky- I just did this 3 days ago!- GRRR
3. Try to balance my checkbook and pay bills, and hopefully just stay home and try to enjoy my children a little!!

Next Year I will:
1. Possibly have another baby- Yikes!!!
2. My goal is to be driving the same vehicle (we kind of have a problem with constantly trading our cars in!)
3. Sending Mitchel off to Kindergarten.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I totally forgot about that flashhing incident--I laughed out loud at that one. Wasn't this fun to do? You know who needs a blog is SARA!!! How can we convince her to join us?

Piano Gal Val said...

Hey Rachel,

I stumbled across your blog - it is so cute!!! I loved hearing about your past 10 years - such a fun idea - you have accomplished so much in ten years - isn't it funny how times change.

Valerie Lance

Nat said...

Wow, I can't believe you did a 1/2 marathon! Good for you! I can't even get myself to walk around the block!