Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mesa Falls

Sarah & I running

Me in the purple crossing the finish line

Me, Katie & Sarah before the marathon.

The day for the 1/2 marathon finally arrived and I did it, my goal was to just finish and to try not to walk at all. I ran the whole way except for maybey 1 minute while I stopped to take a few drinks along the way. The course was a lot harder than I had remembered (of course it was 8 years ago since I did it last). The hill part kicked my butt, but I kept going. Sarah Hansen and I stayed together the whole way until about mile 11, and she was struggling just a bit so she told me to go ahead, she ended just a few minutes after me, she did really great, especially considering she only started training with me a few weeks ago. I finished in 2 hours and 3o minutes, which is about what I finished it at last time. I can't remember exactly but I am pretty sure that was about the same time. It was really nice to have a lot of support. My parents drove Sarah and I up there this morning. Reid and the kids were there cheering me on, and Reid's parents and sister Lori came. I think that really helped me stay motivated. Katie Fullmer also started with us, but she was much faster and went on without us. I am so glad that I did it, I feel like it was a great accomplishment for me to do again after having 3 children.

3 comments:

Benner said...

Way to go Rachel! You didn't walk! You're amazing.

Mickey said...

it was such a neat thing to be there Rachel. I am so proud of you. I am also excited that the kids were able to be there so they could see their mom and see just how fantastic she is. Mitch says he is going to be a track star, and I bet he will. At least today!

Jodi said...

Okay, you two are getting way too advance for just little evening walks now. You are major athletes now. I was thinking I would just drive my car along side of you while you train so we could still get out fun walk/talks in. Great job on the marathon-what a woman!!