Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Recipe

Ok, I am not much of a cook, but I got a new recipe that I made and it was a hit at our house. I am not normally a meat loaf fan, but I tried it and actually liked it. Plus it was very easy and cheap to make. Mitchel who doesn't eat much, ate 1 and 1/2 of them, and Savanna and Treyton both ate them up and Reid said he loved them.

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves.

1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1 c. (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. chopped onion (i omitted this because I didn't have any onions)
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground lean beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

1. In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.

2. Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13 in x 9 inch baking dish. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in seperate bowl and spoon over loaves.

3. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. (8 servings) (This is great for left overs for husbands to take to work.)

No comments: